Monday, November 10, 2008

I wonder if our DVD player minds being a footrest...

After a week with out internet, television or couches, I am slowly learning how to get comfortable in my newly empty home. The couches are gone. There is a coffee table and a small dining table where they once were. After a few minutes of sitting here typing, i will go ahead and retract my statement about being comfortable. This shit kind of sucks. Hopefully I can get my ass in gear and go find some furniture to fill this void...and yes, I mean that in every cliched way.


My stress level is nice and high. I'm being very productive and I'm overly motivated to save money, work harder, make more money and so on and so forth. I'll work 7 days a week..I don't care anymore. Socializing and relaxing are meaning less to me as the days go by. Unfortunately, neither job I work shows results of the intensity of ones desire to work a ton. If hardcore kids buy a bunch of records instead of none, that won't affect my salary. If more people would come and order expensive cocktails at my restaurant, that would be awesome. However, I can't force anyone to do this. Therefore I'm rendered motivated and ready to bust ass at the restaurant, but bored and underworked/underpaid. Might be time to move on to greener more lucrative pastures.

Someday I will work 60 hour work weeks and see the fruits of my labor. Someday.

I've wanted this blog to turn into less senseless babble from my brain and maybe exercise a more coherent and proper outlet for whatever writing skills I may possess. I've had an urge lately to write. Articles about music, interviews, opinion pieces...whatever. I have an issue with casual speaking within my writing. My issue is basically that it takes a little too much time to write a proper piece, and to be honest, these blog post come at my least focused and most emotionally desperate points. Sure, I don't feel like shit right now. Actually, I've been feeling happy lately. Perhaps that is why the entries have been scarce and slightly less dramatic.

At this point I've taken my rambling to a whole new level. I wish I could find a focus or a theme, other than how unfocused and incoherent I am. Perhaps that will just be the theme forever.

I've been home alone for a few days now. If anyone wants to come over and reassure me there aren't intruders in my house at all times, that would be awesome.

This post has taken me over an hour to write.

I thank and blame the following people for my awesome distractions:

Kim for Basia Bulat
My endless entertainer: bathrub.
Bon Iver/youtube



No comments: